I’ve been part of various projects in El Salvador for nearly 10 years. This began while living in a small, rural community there for 2 years.
My projects have a common theme of exploring the United States & El Salvador’s shared American identity, as North and Central America.
Projects have included:
- Leading five 3 week rural immersion trips for U.S. graduate students
- Leading two election observation delegations for a national and local election
- Assisting a nationwide brigade to eliminate illiteracy
- Serving as an English-Spanish translator for various organizations
- Assisted the creation of a training program for rural farmers
- Ongoing: eating hundreds, maybe thousands, of mangoes